Ah, I see. There may be lists more geared towards this type of
question. Particulalry ones with lots of industrial designers. maybe
others on the board can chime in.

I wonder if you can find some guidelines (even rough ones based on
people's experiences). They would give you a shortest path to
'heuristics'.

I also suggest doing a rudimentary task analysis with heavy doses of
common sense around context. For example if the device has a case how
easy or difficult is it to take it out and put it back in a case. If
it takes a while to display the reading what happens while we're
waiting etc.

Best of luck.

-Adamya