What about some info about the control(s) you want to give help for?
Is it a helptip system or a help guide you want to provide? In the
first case, I won't think of too much content: it is not the right
context for a multi-line tip. I like the idea of a "more" link but
I'd think of a different interaction (other than a link inside a
tooltip) in order to not weigh down the tooltip that works when is
light and easily readable.

"Best helptips are no helptips": I do not agree with this just
because sometimes we are asked to solve usability issues generated by
others' UI designs. I don't see why we should provide an help system
if we recognise that the UI is not that natural and easy-to-use ;-)