UX designers may not be able to provide a singular definition of UCD,
but I'm not sure that 10 doctors treating cancer would be able to
come up with a singular approach to treatment, either. I think it
depends on the problem and context (patient and cancer type, stage,
funds, etc.), just as for it would for a UX professional.

Furthermore, there's probably a difference in the type of doctor
who's asked to treat the cancer. I've been thinking lately that
some of the difficulties in defining terms in the UX profession has
more to do with the type of the professional being asked the
question, than with the terms in the question itself. If you asked 10
psychologists what's the best treatment for depression, you'd
probably get 15 different answers too, because the question doesn't
take into account which psychologists are cognitive psychologists or
child psychologists, and which are family counselors or university
researchers.

In a similar way as UCD vs ACD, for some psychological treatments,
such as addiction, an immediate solution to the problem is to break
the addiction. If you're addicted to using X, stop doing X. This
will treat the behavior, an activity-centered approach to addiction,
but it probably won't help the patient for long. And, if you asked a
psychologist what's the best way to break a person's addiction to X,
there will probably be different responses to the best treatment
option.

Then again, the UX problems are not as complex as human psychology,
and if the APA has the DSM...??