Thanks for all the replies so far... My deadline is Tue am, but I'll continue to collect replies after that.

Caroline Jarrett wrote:
Jet asked for: advice/pointers on IVR

Best resource I know of is the chapter on IVR, "Designing Usable Voice User
Interfaces", in "HCI Beyond the GUI" (edited by Phil Kortum).

It's by Susan L. Hura who truly is an expert in the IVR space. Her business
is SpeechUsability and she's got a selection of papers at:
http://speechusability.com/?page_id=13

Note: the Kortum book is a hefty, academic tome that is thoroughly
referenced.
Best
Caroline Jarrett
www.formsthatwork.com
"Forms that work: Designing web forms for usability".

--
J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09

design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ
PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8