A discussion about application personas (as opposed to user personas)
touched IVRs earlier this year on my blog
http://blog.genstart.dk/2008/11/25/what-would-reality-do/#comment-216751

I googled up some extracts from the mentioned book
http://blog.genstart.dk/2008/12/12/bringing-web-apps-to-life-with-application-personas/

and found it on Google Books
http://books.google.dk/books?id=PI_n2EcJfT0C&pg=PA98&lpg=PA98&source=web&ots=qQRv15P5f6&sig=oc883RhnwqikRlSQFI0JDtLL0qU&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA96,M1

Hope this helps,
Morten

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM, j.eric townsend <j...@flatline.net> wrote:

> I'm doing a really quick, one-off project for a class involving
> interactive voice response (IVR) systems.  What I'm looking for is
> detailes on one or two really bad IVR systems, or maybe a study pointing
> out the N most egregious flaws of IVR systems.
>
> So far g5/Y! isn't getting me anything meaty, just obvious
> customer-relations things like, "don't apologize for doing something you
> shouldn't do.  I'm wondering if maybe there's some IVR-speak that I
> should be using in my searches, or if this tech goes by some other name
> that I should be searching for.
>
> If you (collective) have any advice/pointers, I'd appreciate them.  (And
> if you reply off-list I will consolidate responses into a single post or
> two.)
>
> thx,
> --jet
>

> --
> J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09
>
> design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ
> PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8

Best,
Morten Just
+45 26 999 891
Sent from København, Hovedstaden, Danmark