I've used voxeo to build IVR prototypes in the past. Free hosting, and you
can dial into a US number (with a PIN). It was very easy to make a push
button IVR in VXML. Voice activation also looked a bit easier than you'd
expect...

http://evolution.voxeo.com/

Twillo's mark up language looks pretty impressive, never tried it myself
though...

--
Dr. Harry Brignull
User Experience Consultant