I recently ran across another good example of interaction design that
affects people who don't even own a computer or use one at work.

Traci Lepore wrote about the problems with Bank of America's new ATM
machines on her blog at
http://traciuxd.wordpress.com/2009/07/14/why-does-it-take-me-twice-as-long-at-the-new-atms-boa/

It's another good example of the disconnect between the actual
end-user and the maker of the product. The effects of free market
capitalism may be negated (because the end-user doesn't buy the
product, but must still use it), but I suspect the problem is still
going to negatively affect Bank of America's brand perception.

-dave

David B. Rondeau
Design Chair
InContext Design ( http://www.incontextdesign.com )