On Aug 27, 2009, at 12:00 PM, Jordan, Courtney wrote:

Andrei probably isn't one who worries about being stalked on dark
streets, thus his concept of something being easily usable (once one
knows something exists, where to look and is able to find it) isn't
typical of the female user who would probably more often need this
button (trying to be PC here).

I'm purposefully did not respond to the situation or make value judgements on the scenario. I simply pointed out that the steps listed by Joan were in fact not accurate. I did this in hope that maybe Joan would reassess her scenario and compare apples to apples.

To clarify, if your iPhone is locked (as listed in step #2 of Joan's scenario), in the bottom left corner of the passcode screen is a button that says "Emergency Call." Taping that button goes directly to the iPhone's keypad for making phone calls, where you can type 911 and hit the call button. This bypasses all of the steps Joan listed in her scenario. Now knowing this, the question becomes (for her) I think, whether she still thinks the iPhone is hard to use when compared to other phones.

--
Andrei Herasimchuk

Chief Design Officer, Involution Studios
innovating the digital world

e. and...@involutionstudios.com
c. +1 408 306 6422