RE: Jet Townsend: IMHO, replacing physical buttons with a touch-screen UI falls into the "just because we can, doesn't mean we should" bucket.

As an iPhone owner since the first day they came out (and I still own & use the 1st gen), after seeing the Nokia Maemo - with the screen as big as the iPhone screen _AND_ a nice QUERTY keyboard, I think that might be the better route - in that it still allows you to have the whole touch screen experience when you want, and a tactile keyboard when you want as well.

Brandon E. B. Ward
brandonebw...@gmail.com
UI • UX • Ix Design
Flex • Flash Development
Portfolio: http://www.uxd.me
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandonebward
VisualCV: http://www.visualcv.com/brandonebward

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
- Robert A. Heinlein