To me this is the market for this device. My wife is exactly the same, she
surfs the Web, reads blogs, watches TV & movies, and looks at photos on her
Macbook. This is a couch device, a bedroom device (don't read that the wrong
way), a kitchen device (swivel it to cook from a recipe). All places where a
laptop always felt wrong.
I think of it a digital version of your leisure activities –reading,
communicating, light gaming, surfing, etc. Not your work activities (PC/laptop)
or your on the go activities (smartphone).

On Jan 27, 2010, at 6:59 PM, mark schraad wrote:

> As soon as they are taking them I will place my order for a couple. The
> wife's macbook is about to die and she basically surfs the web, uploads
> photos and checks email. The ipad connected by wireless to my home network
> (with more storage available there) will work just great. I also anticipate
> her being able to play music on the stereo and a hundred other things from
> the couch.

::
::    Luke Wroblewski -[ www.lukew.com ]
::    Principal/Founder, LukeW Ideation & Design
::    l...@lukew.com  |  408.513.7207
::
::    Blog: http://www.lukew.com/ff/
::    New Book: http://www.lukew.com/resources/web_form_design.asp