no problem on the vagueness...

I might suggest have some casual conversations with both docs and nurses
about how they talk with clients. This is not for process or method, but to
set realistic expectations. I think you will find that people aren't wholy
forthright even when their health is at stake... so in a survey or fact
finding situation you will have to work even harder to get honest answers.
Some much sense of self goes into revealing patterns and habits of behavior.
And I'm not trying to tell you to trick them by any stretch, but make it
easy for them to detach or distance themselves from what they are revealing.
Not an easy task.

Mark