my vote, which is worth 0.02 is for "JIRA: NETVIRT-1234"

JamO

On 4/16/18 8:22 AM, Anil Vishnoi wrote:
No strong preference, but throwing one more option

Resolves:NETVIER-1234? More obvious?

iPhone.iTypos.iApologize

On Apr 16, 2018, at 7:21 AM, Sam Hague <sha...@redhat.com
<mailto:sha...@redhat.com>> wrote:

OK, anymore votes?

So far we have:

NETVIRT-1234
Issue: NETVIRT-1234
JIRA: NETVIRT-1234

In all cases, the important part is just the Id NETVIRT-1234 since that will be linked to Jira automagically. Jira and Issue are almost the same since Jira uses Issues. I am leaning towards Issue or JIRA, but I admit I don't have a preference yet.

<mailto:thanh...@linuxfoundation.org>

https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#development-workflow

<https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#development-workflow>

<https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#development-workflow

<https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#development-workflow>>
> > >     I've always recommend folks treat the footer block in a commit
    >     message as metadata. Things like bug IDs should go there so it will
    >     look like:
> >     Summary line > >     Message body
    >     continued body lines...
> >     NETVIRT-1234

    JIRA: NETVIRT-1234

    It is good to point towards a particular namespace domain -- note how
    the Bugzilla -> Jira changed names...

    >     Change-Id: ....
>     Signed-off-by: .... > > >     You can add words in front of the Jira ID too like "closes:"
    >     "Issue:", "fixes", etc... I'm not sure if the Jira integration
    >     supports any specific words but I know it picks up at least he Jira
ID.