+1
IRC would make the bridge.
don't go too far west!
;-)

Erik Uzureau wrote:
If there were a north american event happenning at the same time as the bolsena one, I would like to attend.

Erik

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On 10-Oct-08, at 6:23 AM, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:

        Thanks for that Lorenzo and Arnulf! Indeed, mark your
        calendars because I've booked the week of 15 – 21st June 2009
        in Bolsena

    Judging by the great feedback of Jeroen's Bolsena event last year,
    I think it must be a great formula to replicate elsewhere as well.
     (Aside from the FOSS4G focused sprint).

    One person to lead it, pick a spot, set a price, set a minimum
    attendees and invite the developer world. Cancel if there isn't
    enough interest.

    Maybe unrealistic, but having a non-European event at the same
    time as Bolsena event might provide some level of real-time
    communication between dispersed teams who couldn't all make it to
    the same location.