To avoid having to re-use an open IE browser window, just create a
shortcut to the IE application itself with the slimserver URL as a
command line arg.  E.G. for me, the "target" entry in the short cut
is:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
http://mediasrv:9000/index.html?player=00:04:20:05:a0:8e

This way, you can open up a slimserver window without loosing your
currently open browser window.

I extracted a slimserver icon from one of the windows executables
months ago and I use that file in shortcut's icon entry so I get a
shortcut that's easy to visually identify.  I also put the shortcut
into my "quick launch" section of the task bar so that it's convenient.

--
gharris999