Goodsounds;330116 Wrote:
> I agree that the music royalty playing field ought to be level. The
> current situation is beyond broken, but unfortunately it is caught up
> in a process that is more political than rational. So who knows when
> and how any change happens.
>
> But a deeper problem is at work.  Pandora has a revenue and business
> model problem, the article acknowledges this is their main focus. Most
> venture-backed start-ups don't have 8 years (as Pandora apparently has
> had) to get to any semblance of break-even, the plug gets pulled much
> sooner. I've spent my career in Silicon Valley, and I've seen dozens,
> perhaps hundreds, of startups with cool service or product offerings
> that ultimately failed because they were unable to develop or perfect a
> business model.  Looks like Pandora may be another one.

Please tell me that there is a crystal ball in your home? What start-up
can foresee that in the middle of the game somebody decides to change
the rules that will put your business and any model of that business,
Out of Business? Tell me that? No business can absorb a 700% increase
in required fees. For such a young new industry to be required to pay
many times its fair share in royalties stinks of RIAA fear of the
unknown.

The DOJ should get off its rear and finally do something about the RIAA
and Sound Exchange unfair monopoly practices. Sound Exchange should be
required by Congress to change their name to No Sound or Silent
Exchange!

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom: SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3
Home Office: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, VSM-1 Sigs
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5