I updated the firmware Saturday night and now its dead. Naturally, I
check the power first, then make sure the cable it pushed all the way
in the back of the SB3, but now the remote won't turn it on and my
Squeeze center says the player isn't found, so what do you do with a
dead SB- Throw it out, or is there a repair and diagnostic place to
send them?

Mark- Thanks for the lead on additional remotes and the link to the
diagnostic thing. I try that if I can.
My network is fine,and I've been through all the firewall and network
issues a few years ago when I first got mine. I guess I'll try
reinitializing it with a cable instead of wireless. Sometimes that
helped. And speaking of reinitializing, my SB was giving me the mac not
recognized error which I corrected once a few months ago. Why would it
lose the Mac address and need resetting? I think I have a problem with
hardware (SB?)

--
deserttaxguy