One company employee says that the focus is to be more friendly to
average joes.  I agree with this, it's the market potential the company
needs to serve better. It's also the biggest growth opportunity.

Another says the changes are to make the software perform better on
NASes and other smaller formats.

Most average joes I know (and I'm one too) don't have or use NASes.
When they do, it's for storage, not for running apps. Has someone really
convinced themselves that this deserves a development focus?

These comments contradict one another - which is it? Or maybe the
smaller format focus is for unreleased self-contained products and so
won't be commented on at this time?

In any event, I think we all appreciate the participation from company
personnel.

--
Goodsounds