It seems to me that the developers haven't been communicating as much recently.
 I think there's been a lot of discussions between beta testers about new
features or changes to existing features, with very little feedback from
logitech developers.

In the last few months it feels like the developers have had less authority to
influence decisions on useability and functions.  It seems to me that there
have perhaps been some strange decisions that not all developers have agreed
with, but the powers that be have layed down the rules; the developers are
implementing those decisions.

I can understand why - they have a day job to do, the priority being to hit
milestone dates so new products can be launched. The bigger the product, user
base, etc, the more reactive and less proactive development becomes.

However, I feel that it has been harder for effective use of beta testers.  I'm
finding that it is less useful to raise issues in the forums, but to go
straight to bug/enhancement reports, as eventually someone with decision-making
authority may catch up with them, whereas they will never go back to catch up
with old forum posts.

There do appear to be conflicting issues.  There's been a purge of some
functionality to save memory footprint and/or perhaps to make the product more
simplistic.  On the other hand, there have been more functions added that have
fringe benefits, such as work to produce different styles of clock
screensavers, non-music related add ons (Facebook app, Flickr).

Some new functionality that should be quite simple seems overly complicated.  I
still find Extension Downloader awkward for example.  i.e. needing to manually
configure third-party repositories to find extra plugins, and then the plugin
screen becomes rather crowded with tables.

It seems like some long-running bugs/enhancements that frequently get discussed
have been pushed out to the future again, and time is being spent on other
functions to give marketting something to use.

I think a lot of plugins are going to need updating for 7.4/8.0, and there are
many opportunities for new plugins for the new products, but with big changes
happening frequently to the 7.4 code and less chance of developer support at
the moment, there's not much incentive to try to develop/support third-party
plugins.