I didn't know that it worked like that.  Some better help information should be
made to the Plugins page.  Currently it only says:

"You may add additional third-party extension repositories by entering the URL
for the repository below. A list of repository URLs can be found here."
where here is
"http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeCenter_Repositories";.

i.e. it is suggesting that you have to add those manually.

I tried it out - deleted a few repositories I had manually entered, and more
appeared under Other 3rd Party Plugins.  Great.  So I deleted some more
repositories that I didn't need any more, and now I don't have an "Other 3rd
Party Plugins" table at all :-(

Also, does it include your test repository:
http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/svn/repository/trunk/testing.xml