I'm also on Plusnet in the UK and just installed 7.4 (WHS version) to my
HP Mediasmart. I think I had two plug-ins predating this (BBC iPlayer
and Alien BBC)

I'm happy to test and report on my experience, but I'm confused as to
which BBC route to use (!)

Selecting on my SB3 via IR, but using SBC purely for viewing Now
Playing, I have run through the following
SQUEEZEBOX HOME\INTERNET RADIO\LOCAL\NATIONAL NETWORKS\BBC\STATIONS
(11)BBC RADIO 1 (LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM)
This played first time just now (15:02 BST), displays radio1 logo, show
is listed as "Radio 1's Early Breakfast Show" then "BBC radio 1 98.8.
BBC Radio 1 (london, United Kingdom)", 8 minutes uninterrupted, then
tried:-
SQUEEZEBOX HOME\INTERNET RADIO\BBC IPLAYER\LISTEN LIVE\BBC RADIO 1
This played first time just now (15:13 BST), displays different radio1
logo, show is listed as "BBC Radio 1", 2 minutes uninterrupted, then
tried:-
SQUEEZEBOX HOME\INTERNET RADIO\ALIEN BBC\BBC LIVE STREAMS\RADIO 1 LIVE
Long delay with SBC showing 'Fetching Track details' for about 20
seconds and SB3 showing Radio 1 live. SB3 lapsed time remains at 0:00.
SBC moves to display Radio 1 Live (twice) and elapsed time incrementing
to about 30 seconds and then restting repeatedly. No sound. SBC shows
generic radio logo.
The installed BBC radio app from app gallery (my first app install but
last.fm, previously a plug-in, was already there) and immediately
tried:-
Squeezebox Home\My Apps\BBC\BBC Radio 1
This came up quickly (<2/3 seconds), on SB3 showing 'Now PLaying BBC
Radio 1 by BBC' and SBC showing "BBC Radio 1" and on next line "BBC.BBC
Radio 1" and the generic radio station icon. This has run effectively
for 4 minutes.

I then repeated the exercise from the SBC (to check consistency in
menus) and had same result for first three methods. The App then went
'fetching track details', 'Buffering 10%' and stalled there, with SBC
elapsed time incrementing, but resetting to zero occasionally (e.g. when
SBC went to screen saver and had to be shook awake).

I experienced the 10% rebuffering problem yesterday when I was using
the penultimate beta from my desktop whilst I installed the production
version to my WHS, but didn't note which route I used (except to say
there were no apps on that).

I'll try and repeat test tomorrow to gather more data.

--
DigitalMitch