Let's say I want to lower the volume on one player but i synced all my
players together to one of them ok.

Now to independently change to volume at one player which is my use
case now .
I have to to switch player with my controller to get to the individual
players volume !?
Therefore I'm seriously thinking off getting an iPhone/iPod, does not
iPeng have a menu with all players volume accessible at the same time ?

Sometimes I would like to sync volume:
But the use of the same volume at all players simply wont work one or
two players is always to loud, sync volume is simply not possible to use
as implemented now, almost nobody has all rooms gain staged the same.
This can not be a corner case seriously ? You must have some sort of
independent adjustment too, even if they are synced it could be so
simple as some negative bias you set in the preferences (but master
volume and player volume concept would be the best).

I too have a rather smallish place and open doors so i hear all players
from all rooms at the same time, so for now independent volume is the
thing thats works for me. So if I want to listen softer I have to switch
player 3 times with the controller and adjust each one of them ?
Bizzare.

The syncing itself works splendidly as i actually hear all player all
the time.

It's the UI that is awkward and confusing, if I for example suddenly
want to sync my kitchen player with my living room player, I have to
choose the kitchen player with my controller and then sync !?
And then change back again,because i'm doing the playlist from the
living room (30 minutes later I unsync )

Thats because the sync menu only gives you the option:
Sync < current player> to:

player x

player y

player z

When whats needed in most cases is really this option:

Sync player with <current player> :

player x

player y

player z

You can have both options in the scroll-down I think.

And the opposite options to unsync of-course.

Ok in very few words, summary:

A sync UI designed so that you have to change player with the
controller all the time is flawed, this must be bad for everyone
rigth/wrong ?

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this