mherger;551571 Wrote:

> Too early to panic. I see no reason why even the most ... manager would
>
> want to pull a revision control system or bug database.

No, but I could imagine a manager deciding that only Logitech staff
would be allowed to access/log in to those sites. Hopefully that won't
happen. Hopefully nobody will seek to have gmane destroy their archive,
etc. But I could imagine senior Logitech staff thinking the old SD sites
weren't cost effective & shutting them down. Many folks have pointed out
the deficiencies of the reviews of Touch. I don't think I saw any
reviews that talked about the availability of applets and SBS plugins.
This suggests that the media kit doesn't mention them.
Logitechsqueezebox.com linked to info about using and building
extensions, and now it's gone. I don't think it's at all unreasonable
to wonder if Logitech senior staff are considering shutting/locking
down these old SD-branded sites, and to make some effort to try to
minimize the affect of such a (possible, hopefully unlikely) action. Or
similar fates like this forums server dying and Logitech deciding not to
replace it even if y'all do have good data backups. I really hope your
optimism is right, especially as I'm unlikely to do anything for a few
days (at least!). :-)

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/