Here is what I would do:

1. Rip a batch with dbPoweramp to a temp location
2. Check tags and meta data with something like Tag&Rename
3. Make an MP3 copy using dbPoweramps batch encoder
4. Copy all that to the external drive
5. Move the files to their final resting place
6. Repeat for another batch of albums

In fact that's pretty much exactly what I do, but I move everything to
my network server. Then I have a scheduled backup of that part of the
server to an external disk.

(Please don't cross post around the forums)

--
funkstar

'[project log] funkstars digital lifestyle'
(http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-lifestyle/179882-project-log-funkstars-digital-lifestyle.html)
- 'hexus.community' (http://forums.hexus.net/)

*in use:* *1*x touch, *1*x boom, *2*x sb3, *1*x controller
*in a box:* *1*x radio, *1*x (beta) controller, *1*x receiver, *1*x sb2
wired (silver), *1*x sb (black), *1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

if you have any others, let me know, i'm interested!!