paul44birch;566871 Wrote:
> regarding MP3 I have my Itunes on my laptop as well as backed up, but
> want to get flac version for best reply via my duet set up.  So my
> request was to ensure my back up on the external hard drive was an
> exact match to what will be on my internal drive (in case anything
> breaks)
I also use itunes for syncing with my iPod, but that is all. Everything
is done manually, I also started ripping to FLAC a long time before I
bought an iPod. I just point iTunes to the MP3 folder on my server and
let it catalogue that (although it is told not to move or manage
anything).

Something I have done from time to time is go through my FLAC library
tweeking tags and tidying thing up. I then just re-run a dbPoweramp
batch encoding job on the lot and have an exact duplicate of my FLAC
library in MP3.

This work flow suits me best, others might have a way of doing it that
suits them better.

--
funkstar

'[project log] funkstars digital lifestyle'
(http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-lifestyle/179882-project-log-funkstars-digital-lifestyle.html)
- 'hexus.community' (http://forums.hexus.net/)

*in use:* *1*x touch, *1*x boom, *2*x sb3, *1*x controller
*in a box:* *1*x radio, *1*x (beta) controller, *1*x receiver, *1*x sb2
wired (silver), *1*x sb (black), *1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

if you have any others, let me know, i'm interested!!