>> I just don't see it happening in the US because the ISPs are dragging
>> their feet.
>
> Really?

Really. My ISP (Cox Communcations) responded with "what is that" when I
called and asked to get an IPv6 modem to my house.

You cite Verizon starting to test over Fios. The net has allocated its
last IPv4 block this week. Its all NAT from here on out.

There is a big IPv6 test scheduled for June. If it works, commercial
rollout will start then.

Lots of feet dragging.

Cisco has been making products and giving presentations and really
pushing this for years, because they will get to sell tons of new
routers, "cable modems" etc.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/