bobkoure;614932 Wrote:
> Hi Phil - got a link to that paper? I googled for it, and it's
> apparently generated loads of controversy ('my google search'
> (http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&q=Meyer+Moran+CD+audio&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=)),
> which IMO is all to the good, but I'd be curious to read the paper
> itself.
>
> BTW, as I remember, the CD audio format was chosen, in part, to be able
> to fit an entire LP onto a single data tape. No, I can't find a
> reference, but I vaguely remember a good discussion of the process to
> determine/decide on this new digital format in one of the IEEE mags in
> the early '80s. Do you remember this being one of the factors? Or am I
> totally misremembering?

Courtesy of Wombat:
http://hlloyge.hl.funpic.de/wp-conte...p-inserted.pdf

wasn't the cd supposed to be long enough to hold a particular Beethoven
symphony? (this might be a myth)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.