> The ongoing 7.6 fiasco set me thinking.  Just what is the connection
> between this Forum and Logitech?  Just seems that some posters here
> seem to have 'insider' knowledge, and certainly the Logitech support
> staff often direct queries here.

Ok, here's my attempt of a reply:

These forums were built when SlimDevices was an independent company. It
was the main communication channel between SD and its clients. Some of us
would probably remember the times when all of this was still run on
mailing lists, and there were heated debates whether a web based solution
would be better to communicate with the community...

Years after Logitech acquired SD, they wanted to move everything over to
the "official" forums.logitech.com site, as a single point of contact. We
were able to convince them that this was a poor plan, because

a.) some community members are extremely helpful and more knowledgeable
than any hired support agent would ever be,
b.) the official forum software is lacking in features,
c.) there was no way they could handle the traffic of this forum, let
alone import the history,
d.) this was much more than a support channel. It's a community. A lot of
the postings aren't support requests, but discussions among community
members.

Thus it was decided that forums.slimdevices.com would stay as the
community forums, with no official logitech representatives, while over at
logitech.com support would be monitoring reports.

As some might have learned, even support accepts the community as more
knowledgeable and often refers clients over here...

--

Michael