castalla;644561 Wrote:
>  .... An official release usually implies that it won't totally reduce
> the end-user's system to chaos.  If it does, then a rapid retraction
> and apology is in order together with clear instructions on how to
> recover from the ruins of chaos!......

You have to also understand it is not just the developers involved in
the decision to release products (hardware & software), sales &
marketing are involved.

Developers would prefer no new products for two years so the existing
product can be fine tuned and tweaked.
Sales & marketing want a new product out every quarter to boost
revenue.
I'm way over generalizing but you get the point.  :)

So I'd bet sales management pressed for the release of SBS 7.6 way
before it was ready.  Based on the recent info regarding Logitech (bad
earnings, CEO departs, bumbling Revue price slashed, etc...) I'd bet
sales management is scrambling to stop the bleeding and SBS 7.6 is a
part of that optimistic solution.  So much so that it looks like the
next major release of SBS will be renamed LMS and will probably tie in
with video products, Revue and others.   ;)

--
toby10