socistep;665679 Wrote:

> I too have found nothing on display in HiFi shops also
>
> Thanks
> Ian
>
> PS - In a HiFi shop is where a potential 'Touch 2' - beefed up to run
> tinySB and support external HDDs better would, I believe, demo and sell
> very well - a pipe dream though...

The question is just if the typical HiFi shop wants to sell something
with a Logitech logo on it, independent how good it is.

If I remember correctly, when the Transporter was first released, Slim
Devices selected to not put their "Slim Devices" brand on the front
instead they tried to start a new brand "transporter", the main reason
was probably that Slim Devices (and even more so Logitech) gives most
audiophile's a low end feeling.

My local HiFi shop were selling Sonos, Teac and Logitech, their message
was that Logitech's devices (including Transporter) was bad in
comparison to Teac and Sonos, primarily from an audio quality
perspective. We all know this isn't the case, at least it's not a huge
difference, but it just shows that it might not be that easy for
Logitech to get their hardware into HiFi shops.

However, if we are talking about supermarkets or mass market
electronics stores, it's very different. My local electronics super
market actually have Squeezeboxes on the shelf so you can touch and
feel them, unfortunately the environment isn't really suitable for
listening so there is no way to hear what sounds good and bad, but at
least they look nice on the shelf.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.