froth;665768 Wrote:
> Even if the whole SB line is tossed out by logitech, as long as you dont
> use mysqueeze.com and your SB hardware works, you can keep using it.
> More than likly for years after.

true, for your own music, and internet radio streams where you can
enter the URL. But one needs mysqueezebox.com to use things like
Pandora, SiriusXM, etc. Not sure about Spotify (query: would triode's
plugin work? I think so, since it is not part of myapps).  For me, I
could live with this, particulary with Spotify.  My wife would miss the
SiriusXM stuff, but most of my listening that is not my music, is
internet radio that I can stream with a direct URL.

and obviously, you have to run your own local SbS. For example, those
that use only mysb.com to stream Pandora would be out of luck. Then
again, if that's all they do, then there are several options, including
Sonos.

--
garym

Location 1: Vortexbox Appliance 6TB (1.10) > SbS 7.6.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
Location 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.2 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag