erland;665703 Wrote:
> If I remember correctly, when the Transporter was first released, Slim
> Devices selected to not put their "Slim Devices" brand on the front
> instead they tried to start a new brand "transporter", the main reason
> was probably that Slim Devices (and even more so Logitech) gives most
> audiophile's a low end feeling.
Your memory is a little flawed. When the TP first came out, it did have
a Slim Devices logo on the front. (Mine has one).

It was only after Logitech bought out the company that the logo changed
to "transporter" (almost certainly for the very reason you surmise - no
audiophile would want a Logitech logo in their rack).

Personally I think (and always thought) that Logitech was entirely the
wrong company to buy out Slim Devices. They probably realised that
streaming was a future growth area and snapped up a company that was
available for (what is to them) petty cash. Sure, they probably did a
bit of research and understood how the devices worked, but I get the
feeling that nobody in Logitech understood the Slim Devices vision.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A