shaboyi;669664 Wrote:
> I often see posts stating that the SB is not for the 'non-tech' crowd

Yes ...

shaboyi;669664 Wrote:

> and/or you can't sell and instal them for non-tech consumers.

No, you just DO need an computer guy to install and support it.
(Hifi dealers are not supposed to be computer guys)

shaboyi;669664 Wrote:
> Well, I do
> install them for non-tech customers and they have virtually no problems
> and
> love the devices.  It's true they get a professional installation with
> dedicated server

That's the condition, You got it !

shaboyi;669664 Wrote:

> but the idea that it cannot be done is simply false.

I don't remember reading it cannot be done

shaboyi;669664 Wrote:
>  It
> works flawlessly for most of our customers and problems are far and
> few
> between (with the notable, recent exception of the 7.6 debacle - yeah
> that
> hurt and cost us).   Nor is it all that complicated for our installers
> if a
> few rules are adhered to:  a very solid whole home  wi-fi network,
> hard
> wired server, hard-wired SBs,  a dedicated server (with musicip),
> pre-planning  for mysqueezebox.com and streaming apps, and, at the end,
> leisurely walk-thru/tutorial with the customer.   Done this way,
> Sonos,
> which we also install, does not compare in terms of reliability,
> quality or
> features. We'll install  it for customers who demand it, but steer the
> rest
> away.
>
> It's certainly true that we sell to an upscale  niche market who have
> the
> money to spend for the setup, server and the service we provide, but
> done
> right you can't beat it for a full featured digital audio solution.

So you confirm that in its current state, this product cannot be
suitable for wide audience, without dedicated computer aware staff to
install and support the system.
With the price it costs, which may exceed the devices price, does it ?

Otherwise they have to stick to very basic use (streaming internet
radios for example), which is most customers do.

--
nicolas75