sherington;670195 Wrote:
> My Pa - now 85 - has an SB3 stuck (with tape) to the top of his enormous
> projector TV, connected wirlessly to his desktop PC, with SB server on
> it & hooked to his "surround sound system" - plays his classical
> collection almost all day - never has a problem. It really took all of
> 20 mins to set it all up for him & teach how to "get at" his collection
> - which I had also digitized in less than a day with dBpowermmp. The
> whole thing took way less than a day and he has been a really happy
> bunny ever since - he has been running now for about 5 years.

Well done sherington. Nice story. Its great to hear that your Pa is
listening to his music via the SB3.

When a person is willing to learn, nice things can happen.

My wife is a technophobe of the first order. She used to love her
various Nokia phones - 6310s etc because they were so easy to use. She
was very much reluctant to move to her HTC Desire even though she knew
from the kids that it would work for her. Now she's emailing, googling,
bopping photos all over the shop, using Viber, Whatsapp and loads of
handy programs.

She uses the Squeezebox Boom and has a series of favorites (ripped CDs,
radio stations etc.) that she likes. She has no interest in messing with
Squeezecentre or that sort of thing. No problem. I do. But if I didn't
she would be perfectly happy with the use she gets out of the Boom.

The Slim/Squeeze series of products is useful, and as easy or difficult
or as esoteric to use as a person chooses to make them. That to me is
what makes them great. They work. The Squeezebox Classic is a work of
art - a beautiful pretty thing that allowed music a new way out of the
box.

--
kesey

Squeezebox Classic:2;  Duet: 1;  Boom:1; Touch:1
Server: SheevaPlug Debian Squeeze 4GB SDCard, Squeezepad, iPeng, iPeng
for Ipad : "a pint of plain is your only man", Squeezeboxserver/LMS
7.7- latest nightly