Hi. I've been a fan of squeezebox for a long time.  I started buying the
original Slimp3.  I also own a Radio, a Boom and a Squeezebox2 and
Squeezebox "classic."
Now that the Transporter SE is out and has fallen in my price range,
I'm very tempted to purchase it.
The AVR I'm using is a Yamaha RX-A3010. I have my Squeezebox "classic"
(v3) hooked up to it via the coaxial output.

Please excuse this naive question:
Am I gaining anything (other than looks and a better power supply) by
upgrading to a transporter.  As I understand it, the main advantage of
the transporter is the DAC.  If my receiver does not have balanced
audio input, and, instead I used the optical or coaxial outputs, I
would bypass the DAC and not get any of the sound enhancements of the
Transporter. Am I correct?

I really like the look of the Transporter, but if I don't gain any
advantage in sound quality, then I guess purchasing one is foolish.

Cory

--
corycwagner