corycwagner;685695 Wrote:
> Hi. I've been a fan of squeezebox for a long time.  I started buying the
> original Slimp3.  I also own a Radio, a Boom and a Squeezebox2 and
> Squeezebox "classic."
> Now that the Transporter SE is out and has fallen in my price range,
> I'm very tempted to purchase it.
> The AVR I'm using is a Yamaha RX-A3010. I have my Squeezebox "classic"
> (v3) hooked up to it via the coaxial output.
>
> Please excuse this naive question:
> Am I gaining anything (other than looks and a better power supply) by
> upgrading to a transporter.  As I understand it, the main advantage of
> the transporter is the DAC.  If my receiver does not have balanced
> audio input, and, instead I used the optical or coaxial outputs, I
> would bypass the DAC and not get any of the sound enhancements of the
> Transporter. Am I correct?
>
> I really like the look of the Transporter, but if I don't gain any
> advantage in sound quality, then I guess purchasing one is foolish.

> Cory

I like my transporter. But if you are not using the DAC, I wouldn't
purchase.  Get a touch instead.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag