I pick one up a few months ago, and really needed to sale it (due to a
car problems), but since that issue has been dwelt with. I have been
very happy with the Transporter.  I have mine connected toslink to my
Pioneer Elite VSX 81TX and I can tell the difference when playing MP3's
rip at 320Kps or WAV files that are coverted into Flac @ 700Kbs. The
enhancements may be small but noticable. I have 3 other classic's and
have had them connected analog and digital and there is a big
difference with the Classic, digital sounds much better IMHO.

--
Recoveryone

Slim Device Transporter wirelessly connected
Pioneer Elite VSX-81TX

2nd SqueezeBox 3 Wirelessly connected (Bedroom)
Pioneer VSX 520K

3rd SqueezeBox 3 Wirelessly connected (MediaRoom)
Pioneer VSX 510

Server (In garage)
4th Squeezebox 3 Wirelessly
running on
P4 3.0 GHz
2 gig ram
Windows XP (Sp3)
Linksys NIC wireless card w/HG antana/speed boost
350 Xternal gigHD W/1.5 TB backup
Verizon 54g wireless router w/HG antana