I find it makes sense (for me) not so much because of the final use
(Listening vs viewing) but browsing...

For me it's the difference between having to go to one shop to buy/rent
movies, then walk up the street for another shop to buy/borrow books,
and then walk to yet another shop to buy a music CD versus walking into
a superstore/library that has all three...

It's a matter of convenience. I like the fact that with iTunes, all my
streaming media is in the one library with the one interface.

Don't get me wrong. If or when DLNA capability is improved, then that
function could just as easily be performed by LMS.

--
AnthonioBEL