NogNeetMachinaal wrote:
> So in other words:
> If I have another collection of MP3 stored on my laptop (for example), I
> can use Whitebear to stream these to the Squeezebox(es) without copying
> and rescanning.
> The Logitech Media Server is used as a sort of proxy server to keep
> things in sync across multiple players (if more than one).

No...

Whitebear does two things:

1) *UPnP Digital Media Server*:  Whitebear allows an open standard
UPnP/DLNA compliant Control Point to browse your proprietary LMS/SBS
music library. And it serves the respective music tracks in that library
to an open standard UPnP/DLNA compliant Digital Media Renderer (player).
(So for example you can use your TV Set screen and remote control to
browse your LMS/SBS music library (by Whitebear), and select tracks and
play them via the TV speakers).

2) *UPnP Digital Media Renderer*:  Whitebear presents all your Squeeze
boxes as open standard UPnP/DLNA compliant Digital Media Renderer's
(players). This allows other UPnP/DLNA compliant Control Points to play
music to your Squeeze boxes by means of the "Play To" functionality.