NogNeetMachinaal wrote:

> So if I disable the plugin on LMS and install Whitebear, which
> application serves which request? And how do these two communicate with
> each other - if at all?

Whitebear provides a UPnP/DLNA open system front end to LMS/SBS
proprietary back end. And yes, of course Whitebear talks to LMS/SBS (it
uses the "CLI" interface)

NogNeetMachinaal wrote:

> For example, are the Squeezeboxes served by LMS (for example due to the
> sync-ing).
> And the DLNA requests served by Whitebear?

The Squeezeboxes are independent devices on the network. The Control
Point sends UPnP/DLNA player commands to Whitebear, which in turn sends
CLI commands to LMS/SBS, which in turn sends low level proprietray
commands to the players. If the command is "play this Url" then the
Squeezebox may contact the remote server and download and play that
track.

NogNeetMachinaal wrote:

> Because Whitebear can not keep Squeezeboxes in sync?

Unfortunately the UPnP/DLNA standard has no functionality for
synchronised playing. (Except trivially the Control Point can send the
same Play To command to more than one player...)

NogNeetMachinaal wrote:

> Does Whitebear have some sort of an interface to configure things. For
> example to enable or disable broadcasting on all interfaces? Or to
> configure the transcoding.
Yes. Although UPnP advertisements are sent on all interfaces and there
is no function to disable that. And UPnP/DLNA transcoding works by the
server (Whitebear) "offerring" multiple formats, and the client
selecting its preferred choice from those offers; so the configuration
just determines which formats are offerred in which order.