*Setting up Windows Media Player 12 to play FLAC files to a UPnP/DLNA
Renderer (Player) via the "Play To" command*

-*Note*: the following only works on Windows Media Player 12 running on
Windows 7 or Vista-

1) Uninstall any previously installed *DirectShow* codecs related to
playing FLAC files; reboot the PC to make sure all is clean.

2) Install this *Windows Media Foundation* codec
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mfflac/files/ on your PC; reboot the PC
to make sure all is clean.

3) Install *WMP Tag Plus* http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/wmptagplus/ on
your PC; reboot the PC to make sure all is clean.

4a) In Windows Media Player | Organise | Manage libraries | Music =>
Remove your music folder | Ok
4b) In Windows Media Player | Organise | Manage libraries | Music => Add
your (same) music folder | Ok -- wait until the library has reloaded
itself...

5) In Windows Media Player | Stream | Automatically allow devices to
play my media

6) In Windows Media Player, select a flac file and Play To | Player (by
Whitebear) -- for example

7a) Only if 6) does not work: In Windows Media Player | Stream | More
streaming options | All Networks | click "unknown device" and if its MAC
address is that of your Squeeze box, then Customise | Make all of the
media in my library available to this device.

7b) Only if 6) still does not work: In Windows Media Player | Stream |
More streaming options | All Networks | for Your Player (by Whitebear) |