Same here.  CDs were getting pretty tedious toward the middle of the
last decade.  Despite my huge collection, I wasn't listening to much
music.

Fast forward to 2009, when I decided it was time to take the music
server plunge for so many reasons: multiple room coverage, easy access,
etc.

While it has not been without it's temporary pitfalls, the experience
with SB has been wonderful: I have listened to almost 30,000 files a
year since then and enjoyed the process of building the system with the
help of this online community.

I can't wait for whatever the future of SB is, even if it's just using
the players I have now.

PS SB Booms are going for $450-600 USD on eBay.

Jim