garym wrote:
> Mine's never been happier since my thousands of CDs are out-of-sight in
> back room filing cabinets

Oh no, I could not do that - definitely not ready to put my CDs away.
Still hunting first release box sets via Amazon and Ebay, because the
rereleases do not have the boxes and booklets. So giving up on physical
media is not gonna happen soon. Guess I am also a collector, not just a
listener.
But obviously I have had wonderful nagging comments from my better half
at home... Slowly but surely all my music will be digitized, ripping all
those discs will take a while, having all my music available in every
room and also on the road is a very exciting thought.