DaveWr wrote:
> There is every reason to speculate, we have no official communication of
> support status from Logitech.
One reason might be that the future support of SB depends on the success
of UE Radio which for obvious reasons is unknown.
DaveWr wrote:
> As operating systems change, updates to LMS are unlikely.
See above. Since both servers are pretty closely related I wouldn't
entirely rule out new builds of LMS.
DaveWr wrote:
> This was always the case, no earning from LMS and permitting iPeng and
> others to become cheap software players totally undermines any
> commercial opportunity for this product line.  Logitech's apparent radio
> only approach is a sensible reaction to the environment that many
> external developers have created.
Blaming the situation on external developers it quite a stretch, and for
that matter the most commonly used software players was released by Slim
Devices/Logitech them selves, if anything I beleive the external
developers have helped hardware sales.
But I do agree the UE Radio is a sensible reaction, my impression of the
last years sales is that SB Radio has massively outsold the Touch, and
that most of those Radios only rarely if ever connect to LMS (actual
figures would be interesting if a Logitech employee happen to know). If
my impressions is correct it makes perfect sense to streamline the
products for the main customer group.