results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=96660
Question: Would you buy a new Squeezebox player if it became available?

- Yes , if less than $100
- Yes, if less than $200
- Yes, if less than $500
- Yes, if less than $1000
- Yes - price is no object; I just want the best sound
- No - I would NOT buy another Squeezebox player

JJZolx wrote:
> If another company ever produces a Squeezebox, I would expect it to cost
> well over $1000. I don't think either Slim Devices or Logitech ever
> turned a profit on the Squeezebox line when you factor in the R&D,
> tooling, software development costs and the (small amount of) marketing
> they did for the products.

I'm not challenging you, but I genuinely wonder about this.  I wonder if
Slim Devices was profitable before they were bought up by Logitech.  Do
we have any comments from anyone "in the know" that would hint one way
or another?