results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=96660
Question: Would you buy a new Squeezebox player if it became available?

- Yes , if less than $100
- Yes, if less than $200
- Yes, if less than $500
- Yes, if less than $1000
- Yes - price is no object; I just want the best sound
- No - I would NOT buy another Squeezebox player

moos_man wrote:
> Thanks for the note garym - and sorry for the double-post. Definitely
> want to be a good citizen, but have not been an active poster before.
> Hopefully my posting malfunction shall be forgiven! :)
>
> I know that size/passion is somewhat hard to quantify - getting
> on the forum is also a good data point. That aside, it would be
> interesting to find out how many people would be genuinely interested in
> buying new products if they became available - the poll which I put up
> will hopefully provide an indication.

No harm on cross posting (it just makes it complicated to follow a
thread....the way most folks read this forum, they see *all* the new
posts, regardless of the thread they are posted to).  I'm generally not
budget driven on such purchases within reason (and performance-price
tradeoffs as I don't want to waste my money of course). In this context,
I did buy a Transporter and would have probably bought a "Transporter
II" had it evolved. However, one major issue for me beyond the "audio
quality/flexibility" of the player is the software backbone (e.g., LMS)
and its ability to *also* allow me to connect to internet radio
(relatively easy) and music services like MOG, SiriusXM, Pandora (a bit
harder I assume in the case of "paid" services).