ja2038 wrote:
> Depending on the station, and I am listening to streams found via
> internet radio search ranging from local to faraway NPR stations as well
> as various AM stations, I can get anywhere from 30 seconds of buffer to
> literally 7 or more minutes (All of LA Woman and more.)
>
> This is a terrible behavior.
>
> Either there should be 30 minutes or 60 minutes or two hours or any DVR
> like amount of buffering,
>
> OR
>
> There should be none of this buffering for internet radio.
>
> If I am listening to the radio for music, I don't want a song to end
> abruptly in the middle and go on to the current song.
>
> If I want to stop listening to the distracting/annoying talk show and
> wait for the next show, I don't want to restart it and listen to the
> annoying voice again, I want the new content.
>
> As I've said before, I do not know how to STOP a stream.  I use an
> Android App or the Web App and near as I can tell, neither has any
> notion of clicking and holding.
>
> On internet radio, the pause/play button should be a stop/play button.

Well, these are not recording devices, they are streamers.  If you want
30 minutes to hours of recorded station streaming you need to actually
record it.  Buffering is needed to prevent choppy playback.  If you are
listening to a station and the players buffering interferes with
playback, then you have a network issue.  New content:  just mute the
volume or turn the player off till the new show starts.

I'm giving examples and instructions for the physical player, not
Android. If a player feature is missing from a third party control point
you need to raise that as a feature request from the author/owner of
that app.