AndrewFG wrote:
> I have been doing some testing:
>
> LOCAL 96K OR 192K FLAC FILES SERVED BY LMS
>
> - Radio, Squeezeplay:  LMS down samples using "flac.exe | sox.exe
> $resample"; audio intelligible; no buffer stalls
> - I suppose ditto for Duet, Squeezebox
> - Transporter:  LMS just sends the file; audio is intelligible; no
> buffer stalls;
> - I suppose ditto for Touch
>
> I don't have a Touch so cannot test it.
>

> 2) One oddity is that Transporter can play a 192k Flac served by LMS but
> it outputs white noise on a 192k Flac from a 3rd party server

NOTE LMS TRANSCODES 192 TO 96 FOR BOTH TOUCH AND TRANSPORTER NO
SQUEEZEBOX DO 192K NATIVELY PER DEFAULT .

So transporter is playing 192k by transcoding to 96k in LMS .

The Touch can be tricked to do that by Triodes suite of small apps and
hacks ,but for a general purpose solution for your whitebear I think you
should try to invoke the standard transcodings for each player .

Can the stream be proxied trough LMS so it's normal logic can work as
designed ? Would this enable a Triode EDO enhanced Touch to actually get
192k as LMS will know of this capability .
Sounds like you into getting a Touch on Ebay to load EDO on if you want
to pursue and test this ?

Wonder if squeezelite on a suitable linux computer will give you a true
192k squeezebox to try with ?