erland wrote:
> I haven't looked into Olive One in detail, but generally I think it's
> important to not just look at the hardware but also look at the
> software.
>
> The Squeezebox hardware might be great but if it weren't combined with
> LMS and mysqueezebox.com it would just be another music streaming
> devices that didn't differ much from the other devices avaialble on the
> market, it's the software that makes the Squeezebox stand out together
> with the fact that it has hardware suitable for many different type of
> rooms.
>
> If you are only looking for a device in the main listening room which is
> able to play an album/song with excellent audio quality after selecting
> on, it might be ok to focus primarily on the hardware, but if you have a
> large collection that requires better browsing abilities or you want
> smart playlists or you need to be able to play music also in other kind
> of rooms and maybe even synchronize audio between multiple devices, it's
> important to also take a look at the software part of the setup. My
> feeling from what I've seen on the market is that it's often the
> software part that's lacking compared to a Squeezebox setup.

That's it .

many of the features we have are taken as a given by many squeezebox
user ,not only the general browsing and playing experience but also some
more mundane functions like gapless playback replay-gain sync and wide
fileformat support .
I had some friends using thier game consol for music ,just a plain list
on the TV ? or try browsing an usb stick with your blueray player
,that's the kind of software experience you could end up with