garym wrote:
> I don't recall. Can one use ethernet to connect all these players if one
> chooses?

The prototype / initial design only supports wireless; I think Olive
were trying to keep the number of cables to an absolute minimum (i.e.
just a power cable /speaker cables) as well as providing users with more
flexibility on where the ONE is located.

However Olive have had quite a few requests from backers to include
Ethernet who have cited the desire to be able to use the ONE in
locations where wireless may not be viable (particularly for higher
bandwidth lossless music).

So Olive are currently looking at the PCB changes that would be required
to incorporate this (along with an analogue out in tandem with the
already announced coaxial SPDIF out).

On the subject of wireless, Olive also advised that a subsequent version
of the ONE may support wireless speakers.

It is interesting seeing how the product as originally envisaged by
Olive as a simple plug & play solution (with integrated DAC & amps) that
you just connect speakers to, is morphing into something potentially a
lot more flexible (I suspect there are quite a few SB users who are
pushing for this:-)