For those of you who are living together with a spouse or kids, I'd like
to understand a bit better how you would like to use local music
libraries in the future. Ignore what's supported in LMS and Squeezebox
today and instead think about how you would like it to work in the
future.

Do you have a need to let each family member browse their library
individually ?

> No, but this could easily be done in LMS using your multi library
plugin, when for each family member a respective folder in the common
music file store is established.

If so, where are the music files stored ? On a central computer/NAS, on
a computer/NAS per family member or on the portable device of each
family member ?

> Central server, otherwise backing up would be a nightmare, and I want
anyway to have a common library.

If you have individual libraries, do you also have a need for shared
libraries which is common for multiple family members ?

> To have a shared library is a must, at least when there is a certain
overlap in music taste or when you want to suit all different music
tastes at a certain occasion when the family is together

Do you have a need to keep track of playlists for each family member ?

> Playlists are not used.

Do you have a need to keep track of favorites for each family member ?

> Favorites are not used.

Do you have a need to keep track of ratings and playback statistics for
each family member ?

> Ratings are not used.

Does each family member have individual players which only one of the
family members mostly use ?
If so, should all players be controllable by everyone or do you want
access to certain players to be restricted ? In that case why ?

> All rooms where music could be listened have a respective squeezebox
player. To my opinion there is no need for restrictions.

Does each family member have their individual remote control/smartphone
to control the players or do you also have remote controls which you
share between different family members ?

> Yes, in principle

If you have a remote control which you share between multiple family
members, is it a IR-remote, smartphone, tablet or computer ?

> Yes, as well, in principle. Some rooms are equipped with the Logitech
remote. Besides this, IPhones and IPads owned by respective family
members can be used, by means of IPeng or Squeezepad.

How would your dream system work to work as good as possible for usage
of local music on Squeezeboxes and portable devices in your family ?

> The squeezeboxes (plural radios, one SB2, one touch, one transporter +
spare devices bought after the Logitech decision) and IPhones / IPads
with IPeng / Squeezepad under LMS with your multilibrary plugin and
musicip, LastFM, Pandora, internet radio stations (stations which can
also be received via FM as well as "only internet stations") are fine,
no need for additional functionalities. I prefer to own the music
instead to pay for services such as Spotify, which of course is a nice
option to have.

Thank you very much for your plugins and your efforts, in particular
with respect to Ickstream, to maintain a ecosystem on the niveau we
currently have with LMS.